Weddings today have become more unique and varied in character. We are not just talking here in terms of the themes, motifs, or the ideas in mind but also in terms of the setting. While the church still remains the most popular venue among couples to get married, over the years, there are more and more couples who are getting married in places beyond the church walls.
Among these places, the beach has become a popular alternative wedding venue in recent years. Beach weddings, after all, provide a beautiful and romantic backdrop to celebrate such a joyous moment in a couple’s life. But the allure of a beach wedding in recent years goes beyond that.
So if you’ll be walking down the aisle soon, having your wedding at the beach would be something to seriously consider not just because it’s “beautiful.” Here are some of the reasons why we think it is so.
- Natural lighting – Since beach weddings are held outdoors, you don’t need to worry about nor possibly spend much on lighting in the venue for some good output the photos. The natural light from the sun will already take care of the lighting for you. On your part, you don’t have to think about these things and let the photographer like Luis Luque take care of making that sunlight work on those beautifully lighted photos.
- Scenic venue – You won’t have to spend or worry much on the interiors. The beach itself provides a natural and artistic scenery that you can tap to provide a beautiful and natural backdrop for your wedding. Best of all, it is available to you without paying extra, especially if you will not require to have a section of the beach blocked off.
- Intimate atmosphere – Beaches are naturally intimate type of places, better appreciated when there are a few people who go there. So if you wish to have an intimate wedding ceremony, having it at a beach is something to seriously consider. Even if a beach is a popular tourist destination, having a beach wedding provides a greater level of intimacy that having a hundred guests would ruin such a mood.
- A wedding and vacation in one – For some couples, especially those who are working around a budget, a beach wedding is a cost-saver such that they don’t have to spend time and effort separately for a wedding venue and a vacation place and incur more expenses in the long run. Beach weddings provide the convenience for both. Not to mention, the guests also get to enjoy a vacation and a wedding at the same time.
- Less formalities – As stated above, beach weddings have a greater level of intimacy. As such, there is a lesser need to be formal, whether it is on the aspect of ceremonies or when it comes to outfits. You can be as flexible as you want to be for a beach wedding, so feel free to create a unique and memorable moment in the process that you as a couple and your guests will get to enjoy.
- Casual affair – Speaking of outfits, there’s no need for to wear formal outfits at a beach wedding. One can opt to wear a simpler wedding dress while guests can wear something less stiff and a bit more casual and comfortable that is appropriate for a beach wedding. Besides, traditionally huge wedding gowns would not cut it since they would look awkward in the beach setting anyway.
- Savings – with the above-listed factors in consideration, the bottomline here is that you get to enjoy significant savings on a beach wedding, something not many people realize. If you are someone who is conscious of your budget for the wedding you may be planning, the beach wedding provides an opportunity to be able to stretch that budget and save considerably in the process, not to mention having the flexibility to “customize” a unique wedding experience.
With all these said, keep in mind though is the outdoor nature of beach weddings. As such, nature can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. Unpredictable conditions like rain or winds may make those wedding plans go awry. Careful planning is very important to ensure that such conditions would not ruin what should be a memorable moment. Make sure you got all bases covered as much as possible; it won’t hurt to have a Plan B at hand in case things won’t get to go as originally planned.
There is no doubt that beach weddings are beautiful to witness, making a moment as memorable as a wedding even more memorable with the setting a beach provides. As long as it is planned very well beforehand, a beach wedding provides a unique experience the couple and guests will surely get to appreciate and cherish.